Contactless onboarding (NFC) using ID card or passport
If you are looking for a remote identity verification solution to improve the onboarding process in your company, it is important that you consider the possibilities offered by contactless onboarding (NFC) with an identity document or passport.
What is contactless onboarding?
Contactless onboarding is an identity verification method that uses NFC (Near Field Communication) technology to read the information contained in the user’s identity document or passport remotely and securely. Unlike other methods that require scanning or manually capturing information, contactless onboarding enables a faster and more seamless user experience.
Benefits of contactless onboarding
Contactless onboarding offers a series of benefits for both companies and users:
- Speed. By using NFC technology, the identity verification process is carried out almost instantly, which reduces waiting times and speeds up the onboarding process.
- Easy to use. The user simply brings his identity document or passport to the enabled device and the information is read automatically, without the need for manual intervention.
- Greater security. Contactless reading minimizes potential human error and reduces the risk of fraud, as documents are protected with electronic security measures.
- Improved user experience. By eliminating the need to manually scan or capture information, contactless onboarding provides a more convenient and enjoyable experience for the user.
How does onboarding contactless work?
The operation of contactless onboarding is relatively simple:
- The user approaches his identity document or passport to the device enabled with NFC technology.
- The device automatically reads the information contained in the document through NFC technology.
- The information is processed securely and the authenticity of the document and the identity of the user are verified.
- Once the identity is verified, the user can complete the onboarding process quickly and easily.
It is important to mention that contactless onboarding meets the legal and compliance requirements necessary to guarantee the security and privacy of user data.
Onboarding contactless use cases
Contactless onboarding can be used in a wide variety of use cases, including:
- Banking. To open a bank account remotely without having to physically go to a branch.
- Telecommunications. To activate a mobile line quickly and without the need to sign paper contracts.
- Electronic commerce. To make purchases online safely and without the need to manually enter identification information.
- Cryptocurrency exchange platforms. To verify the identity of users and comply with KYC (Know Your Customer) requirements more efficiently.
Contactless onboarding with an identity document or passport is a remote identity verification solution that offers numerous benefits for both companies and users. Its use of NFC technology enables a fast and secure experience, improving the efficiency of the onboarding process and providing an enhanced user experience.
If you are interested in implementing a remote identity verification solution in your company, contactless onboarding is an option to consider. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information and to find the solution that best suits your needs.